The Ottawa Valley Curling Association (OVCA) is dedicated to developing, maintaining and supporting the development of curlers and curling clubs within the Ottawa Valley area through programs that are dedicated to curling development and to the betterment of curling clubs.
Founded in 1959, The OVCA consists of member clubs in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
With membership fees collected from our member clubs, and with funds generously provided through events such as the 2016 Tim Hortons Brier and the 2017 Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings, the OVCA provides grants to member curlers and clubs for:
- Hosting provincial, national, or international championships
- Competitive teams to attend provincial, national, and international championships
- Youth, senior and differently-abled curling leagues
- The purchase of youth rocks
Funds generated from past Briers held in Ottawa were used to establish the OVCA Development Fund, which provides low cost loans to member clubs and centres for capital projects.
The OVCA directly organizes, or provides organizational or financial support to events with great local and national/international reputations, including:
- The Brokerlink/OVCA Junior Superspiel
- The Hogline Curlers Pro Shop/OVCA Little Rocks Championship
For more information on us and our programs, visit our website at www.OVCA.com, or follow us on social media: