The RA Centre has announced the transformation of their curling facilities
Here’s a quick overview of the project.
- The project will be completed in phases over a few years
- Phase 1 will consist of the arena ice change-over to curling and will be completed for the Fall.
- The stadium style ice will be divided into five (5) sheets and additional short practice areas.
- Programming will centre around the longstanding and successful RA Curling Club leagues, activities, and learn-to-curl programs. An expansion of para and junior curling, the introduction of high-performance training camps and specialty curling clinics will support Long Term Athlete Development for all ages and abilities.
- Future phases (timing tbd) will include the creation of vibrant social spaces and lounges, as well as modern and accessible dressing rooms.
This re-development solidifies curling as an integral part of the RA and opens up major opportunities that would otherwise not be possible. Once completed, the Curling Centre of Excellence will offer greatly enhanced experiences to the RA Curling Club members and the broader curling community.
[from the original article published at racentre.com]